Pushkal is a an MPhil/PhD Scholar in Computer Science at King’s College London (UK). His work focuses on computational social science domain with the UK Parliament on their “Digital Citizen Engagement” project. His publications include works in AAAI ICWSM, The Web Conference, ACM Hypertext and more. Full list is available at Google Scholar. Pushkal is data science (ML/NLP) enthusiast. His industrial experience include secondment at the House of Commons (UK Parliament, UK), research internships at Nokia Bell Labs (Cambridge, UK) and Telefonica Research (Barcelona, Spain) as well as Data Analyst at The Nielsen Company (Hyderabad, India). His honours include a Chairman’s Gold Medal for best all-round performance in graduating class of 2017 (BTech. CSE) from LNMIIT, India. He also likes to manage events, writes his experiences, poems and plays table-tennis.
Know more about me
I am digitally engaged with my PhD project on “Citizen Engagement with the UK Parliament” under the lead supervision of Dr. Nishanth Sastry (Senior Lecturer, Dept. of Informatics, KCL), second supervisor Dr. Andrew Blick (Senior Lecturer, Dept. of Politics and Contemporary History, KCL) and partner organization supervisor- Edward Wood (Director, House of Commons Library).
Using computational social science methods my work quantifies online political engagement (such as Twitter and Wikipedia) and their challenges (Eg. Online hate, spam, and web tracking). I am well versed with data crawling, machine learning (R and Python), delivering insights using dashboards and working with interdisciplinary teams.
To know more about me check my following pages and links (please allow me to talk in my R programming language here)-
library(Pushkal) #Just Kidding!
Academics <- c(Education, Publications, Projects, Teachings, Talks)
Experiences <- c(Internships, Workshops, Skills, Responsibilities)
Posts <- c(Academics, Data Science, Dashboards)
Connect <- c(Email=pushkal[dot]agarwal[at]kcl[dot]ac[dot]uk), Twitter, LinkedIn)
Other links <- c(Netsys team, Datasets)
- For real-time updates please check my Twitter page!
- Yoohoo! I passed my PhD viva today🎓. Check out some happy faces!
- Selected for the Graduate Symposium 2021: Google Research India.
- More coverage of our upcoming WWW 2020 paper, now on official page of King’s College London Link
- Super excited to see that WIRED news covered our The Web Conference (WWW) 2020 paper. Link.
- Thrilled with our paper acceptance at The Web Conference (WWW2020, Taipei). Joint work with KCL and Telefonica Research. Pre-print
- Got “Best research impact” award at the PhD poster competition of King’s College London, NMS.
- Dec 2019: Invited talk on the analysis of Parliamentlive.tv at the R Conference organised by International Indian Statistical Association at IIT- Bombay (India).